It’s that time of year for one of my favorite festivals!!!!! French Quarter Wine Festival. You can beat the food and magnificent wine choices I find at this event each year! Make sure to check out one of these events!
Famed New Orleans restaurant, Le Meritage, Executive Chef Michael Farrell and Area Managing Director/General Manager of the Maison Dupuy Hotel, Morty Valldejuli are pleased to celebrate the Sixth Annual French Quarter Wine Festival with a Grand Opening Reception on Friday, March 2 at 7p.m. The Opening Reception Block Party, hosted on Burgundy Street and in the courtyard Maison Dupuy Hotel, will feature live entertainment from Rebirth Brass Band and Los Po-Boy-Citos, a séance lounge with tarot card readers, scrumptious selections from Chef Farrell’s kitchen and over 80 wine labels from around the globe.
This year’s French Quarter Wine Festival, modeled after the prestigious Boston Wine Festival, will include 18 events including 16 four-course wine dinners hosted by the winemakers themselves. Chef Farrell will craft a menu for each event to perfectly pair with each wine selection.
“Our wine dinners give people a chance to learn the art of wine and food pairings in an intimate setting,” said Executive Chef Michael Farrell of Le Meritage restaurant. “French Quarter Wine Festival is always an exciting event to host and we love bringing together long-term wine lovers and newcomers who are just beginning to experience their passion for wine and food. We’ve created an event that is provides something for everybody: a chance to mix and mingle with winemaking royalty, great information, incredible food and a celebration with family and friends.”
Started after Hurricane Katrina, French Quarter Wine Festival has continued to grow each year. “We took a chance starting a festival shortly after the storm because we wanted to give people another reason to celebrate,” said Morty Valldejuli, general manager of the Maison Dupuy Hotel. “It was a perfect fit to create a celebratory event that is centered around food, drink and letting the good times roll!”
French Quarter Wine Festival events are listed below:
• March 2: Grand Opening Reception
• March 6: Opus One Winery Reception and Dinner
• March 7: Page Wine Cellars Reception and Dinner
• March 13: Patz & Hall Reception and Dinner
• March 14: Derioush Reception and Dinner
• March 20: Flowers Vineyard & Winery Reception and Dinner
• March 21: Pio Cesare Reception and Dinner
• March 27: S.A. Prum Winery Reception and Dinner
• March 28: Benziger Family Winery Reception and Dinner
• April 3: Château Musar Reception and Dinner
• April 4: St. Supery Vineyards and Winery Reception and Dinner
• April 10: Chimney Rock Winery Reception and Dinner
• April 11: Simi Winery Reception and Dinner
• April 17: Saintsbury Reception and Dinner
• April 18: Elk Cove Vineyards Reception and Dinner
• April 24: Frog’s Leap Winery Reception and Dinner
• April 25: Viader Reception and Dinner
• April 27: Closing Reception
Le Meritage Restaurant offers diners a new wine-inspired culinary experience. Executive Chef Michael Farrell developed a menu of eclectic dishes inspired by fresh Louisiana ingredients and designed to be a perfect compliment to the restaurant’s extensive wine menu.
Chef Farrell has received national acclaim for his distinctive “Southern Coastal Cuisine” styles. He serves as Executive Chef of both Bistreaux and Le Meritage restaurants and formerly served as the owner and Executive Chef of Nantucket’s renowned Summer House Restaurant.
For more information on Le Meritage and Chef Michael Farrell, please visit www.lemeritage.com.